GreenShorts | Louisiana
GreenShorts is going to Louisiana!
High school students: grab your cell phones, video cameras, and microphones—your voice and creativity can change the planet. This environmental short film contest is a platform to showcase your ideas, commentary, and vision for your city and the world. You may submit one short film for each category and films are encouraged to feature Louisiana.
2020 Season is now open! Deadline to enter your film—March 29, 2020
Learn about film production
- The MY HERO Project: Digital Filmmaking & Media Arts Resources
- YouTube Creator Academy
- Introduction to Documentary Video Storytelling
- Learning Cinematography: 1 Narrative Fundamentals
- Video Foundations: Interviews
- Video Foundations: Cameras and Shooting
- Shooting video with iPad
- Smartphone video tips
- Creating a video with iPhone
Awards, Rules and Terms
Awards & Prizes
- Best Film: $750
- 2nd Place: $500
- 3rd place: $250
- Films should be 2-3 minutes
- Films may be created by an individual or a team
- Individuals or teams are limited to one film per category
- Participants must be enrolled in high school and under 19 years old
- Finalists are required to attend the award ceremony in May 2020 (Date TBA).
- Through film submission, UCLA IoES is granted the right to use the film for promotional, but not commercial, purposes
We are immensely grateful to the people and organizations whose support ensures the success of this project. The Skyscrape Foundation, along with Tina and John Quinn — your vision and generosity give young scientists and creatives across California a boost forward. Thank you.