On April 10, 2023, the UCLA Water Resources Group hosted a virtual webinar on the Wildfire-Stormwater Nexus.
This webinar, facilitated by Co-Director Greg Pierce, aimed to bring greater attention and discussion to the intersection between wildfires and water quality research, serving as a platform to share novel research findings with interested stakeholders and the general public.
· Dr. Sanjay Mohanty, Director of SEALab
· Onja Davidson-Raoelison, Doctoral Researcher at SEALab
· Faith Kearns, UC Water Institute
· Ken Susilo, Geosyntec
The discussion was followed by an open question and answer session that was facilitated by Hayat Rasul of the UCLA Masters of Urban Planning program.
The event was co-sponsored by the:
· UCLA Henry Samueli School of Engineering and Applied Science
· UCLA Luskin Center for Innovation
· UCLA Sustainable LA Grand Challenge
The UCLA Water Resources Group plans to host more exciting events in the future and to continue to raise public awareness and enhance understanding of crucial water-related matters.