A UCLA student-initiated, student-led organization exemplifying sustainability in the 21st century.
Sustainability Action Research (SAR) is a student-initiated, student-designed, and student-facilitated research program offered through the Institute of the Environment & Sustainability (IoES).
In the winter and spring quarters of each academic year, students on Sustainability Action Research Teams are partnered with a campus stakeholder to research, rethink, investigate, and tackle UCLA’s greatest sustainability issues.
Become a leader and make a difference.
Sustainability Action Research students have the opportunity to:
- Design sustainability projects and implement actionable solutions on campus.
- Work towards sustainability goals for UCLA.
- Establish unique relationships with UCLA faculty, staff, and fellow students who are passionate about human and environmental challenges.
- Develop leadership skills in an applied and professional setting
“I enjoyed the close-knit, hard-working, and enthusiastic SAR community. Through SAR, it was also great to interact with other undergrads who are passionate about pursuing sustainability work in its various forms, not just on-campus, but also as future careers.”
– Mia Rosati, 2022 Native Plant Nursery Team Member
Check out our different platforms to stay up to date!
Our 2023 projects
For SAR student and stakeholder inquiries, contact the Program Directors: Sam Trezona and Grace Salvestrin (email@example.com).
For Communications, Media, and Press: contact the Communications Director: Melissa Morales (firstname.lastname@example.org)
For funding and donation inquiries, contact Cully Nordby (email@example.com).