Laboratory for Environmental Narrative Strategies
Stories for a Changing Planet
The Laboratory for Environmental Narrative Strategies (LENS) is an incubator for new research and collaboration on storytelling, communications, and media in the service of environmental conservation and equity. We are a diverse network of faculty and students from across disciplines who explore how today’s environmental challenges connect to longer histories of imagining the natural world. At LENS, we begin with the idea that these challenges are as much cultural and political as they are scientific and technological.
What We Do
- Investigate environmental stories across cultures and contexts
- Research the impact of environmental media and communications
- Teach multimedia storytelling
- Mentor diverse future sustainability leaders
- Create new narratives for environmental science, policy, and advocacy
- Collaborate with nonprofits, artists, communities, and companies to create strategic environmental communication campaigns
To help support LENS, contact David Schlais, the IoES Associate Director of Development: email@example.com.
LENS thanks our founding donors for their generous support that made the public debut of LENS in 2016 possible: Susan and Dan Gottlieb, Marcia H. Howard, and Hollis Lenderking.
Connect on Social Media
For media inquiries and interview requests, contact David Colgan, the IoES Director of Communications: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Image credit: Lauren Strohacker and Kendra Sollars, Animal Land, Installation at UCLA, October 2016.