Stories for a Changing Planet
The Laboratory for Environmental Narrative Strategies (LENS) is an incubator for new research and collaboration on storytelling, communications, and media in the service of environmental conservation and equity. We are a diverse network of faculty and students from across disciplines who explore how today’s environmental challenges connect to longer histories of imagining the natural world. At LENS, we begin with the idea that these challenges are as much cultural and political as they are scientific and technological.
What We Do
- Investigate environmental stories across cultures and contexts
- Research the impact of environmental media and communications
- Teach multimedia storytelling
- Mentor diverse future sustainability leaders
- Create new narratives for environmental science, policy, and advocacy
- Collaborate with nonprofits, artists, communities, and companies to create strategic environmental communication campaigns
- LENS Magazine
To help support LENS, contact Colin O’Brien-Lux: firstname.lastname@example.org
For media inquiries and interview requests, contact David Colgan, the IoES Director of Communications: email@example.com.
Connect on Social Media
Sign up for our mailing list to keep in touch.
Image credit: Lauren Strohacker and Kendra Sollars, Animal Land, Installation at UCLA, October 2016.